Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm recharging my batteries, plugging in at home after nearly a month of travel.
Sharing my energy and enthusiasm comes naturally, and yet I am drained.

I love being an instrument of peace and sharing hope and joy.
I performed a wedding and then, delivered sermons in two different pulpits.

It takes a great deal of energy and focus to hold the "God-space," and I have to remember to hold some of that God-energy in my heart rather than giving it all away.
Is that something they teach in Seminary?

This journey showed me once again, that although I am not home much, I DO need a landing pad to recover and recharge. My house is too big and a financial drain, yet being a vagabond would not allow me proper time and space to recover. That's a good lesson.

For the last few days in CA, I was hosted by a couple from the church. They were sweet and gracious treating me as if we'd know each other for years. I really enjoyed their company, in spite of the fact that I went to sleep both nights listening to Glen Beck on television in the other room.

My church-family welcomed me home with enthusiasm at Fellowship supper last night. I love this family of faith. It amazes me how close I've become to people who disagree with me on so many public policy issues. It helps me humanize the debate and remember we are all just imperfect humans trying to do what we think is "best."

We are not us/them; Yankee/southerner; Republican/Democrat; American/foreigner; or any other division. Together, we are stronger and healthier. We need each other. We are all a big family.

God loves you, and so do I.


No comments:

Post a Comment