Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day

4th of July. Independence Day. BBQ's and fireworks. Summertime, family and friends.

What else does it mean?
It means I could go to church this morning, gathering with friends to sing and worship God free from fear and persecution. Free to write a letter to the editor and speak up at local government meetings protesting topics that are important to me.

It means that I am free to make lots of choices about my life. Some are difficult choices, and I make mistakes, but they're mine to make.

I know that millions of people don't have the choices I do. I am truly blessed to have been born in this place and time.

Happy Independence Day


Freedom from fear...we all have things we're afraid of - snakes, speaking in public, financial ruin, injury - but most everyone I know enjoys comforts of food, clothing and shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment